Shared Services SA is assisting agencies with the transition to an electronic purchase card expense management system (EMS).
Following a successful pilot within the Department of the Premier and Cabinet in May, five other SA Government agencies are now experiencing the benefits of the ANZ EMS.
Collectively, the solution has been rolled out to approximately 1,900 users across the following SA Government agencies:
· Department of the Premier and Cabinet
· Attorney-General’s Department
· Department of Primary Industries and Regions
· Defence SA
· Department of Treasury and Finance and
· Emergency Services Sector (South Australian Fire and Emergency Services Commission, Metropolitan Fire Service, Country Fire Service and State Emergency Services).
These agencies are now benefitting from a streamlined purchase card expense acquittal and approval process. Some of the features and benefits include:
· daily upload of transaction data, so individual transactions can be reviewed and approved online at any time
· electronic storage of transaction documentation
· improved audit and reporting capability
· introduction of automatic reconciliation of the associated general ledger accounts
· improved compliance with the purchase card policy and Treasurer's Instructions.
The project team is currently working with the Department of State Development, Department for Communities and Social Inclusion, Department for Correctional Services and TAFE SA, to transition to the ANZ EMS in the first quarter of 2017, with other agencies expected to follow.